Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9 - No More Binks!

Last night was a rough one. Max and I talked about all the big boy changes we were going to start working on and he decided he wanted to start with getting rid of the pacifier. I don't think he actually knew what was going to happen when we discussed this as he was pretty surprised when I put him to bed and he couldn't find his beloved "Bee." Thankfully I was able to talk to him about all the special things that big boys can do and we decided to do one of those activities today if he had a good night. He eventually fell asleep with only a couple tears.
Lu on the other hand was up at least every hour. If these darn teeth don't break through soon, I'm going to go crazy! She was awake for the day by seven, when she normally sleeps until closer to eight. Needless to say I was in a pretty foul mood from yet another crappy night's sleep and Max waking up in a whiney mood yet again. I decided to pack up the kids and go to the gym in hopes some time away from those terrors and a bit of exercise would do me some good. Thirty minutes on the treadmill later, I was a whole new mommy! Lu survived her first day in childcare although she's been quite clingy the rest of the day. By the way, she's definitely saying "Mama!!"
The kids both had huge meltdowns after naps, with Lu screaming "Mamamammma!" when I handed her off to Bill and Max chiming in with "Mama hold you! Mama carry Max!" I just had to laugh the alternatives were to cry myself or run!
Max decided for his big boy reward that he wanted to go to Red Mango for frozen yogurt, so that is how we finished the day. Bill and I are now trying to squeeze in an episode of Sherlock before I pass out from exhaustion.


Rocking her Steak and Shake hat!


Mango! Not for babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment