Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 27 - Thanksgiving Visitors

Mom and I decided to make a Thanksgiving dinner this week since it is one of our favorite meals. There is no reason why we can't enjoy it on days other then Thanksgiving! I decided to take on the turkey, stuffing and green bean casserole while Mom brought over the potatoes and dessert. I tried out Ina Garten's Herb Roasted Turkey Breast with a few substitutions- dried herbs instead of fresh and melted butter instead of oil. I prepped it a few hours before it needed to go in the over so it would marinade a bit in the herbs then popped it in the oven. It took a few extra hours then what was recommended, but the end result was amazing!


My beautiful bird.


The kids played patiently together while I spent the day cooking.


It is always a fun day when Tannie and Pop come over.


Birds with Pop!


No comments:

Post a Comment