Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 40 - A Trip to the Ghetto Vet and Soccer Time

I am cheap when it comes to our pets. I don't see the need for premium cat food or litter and I most certainly do not see the need for expensive veterinary care. I get that for some people their animals are their babies and would spend millions to keep them around, but that isn't me. Maybe before kids I might have considered it, but now I can't justify spending $400 for well kitty visits. Thankfully a couple of years ago we discovered another option. A local organization puts on vaccine clinics every couple of months in the area. You only pay for the vaccines and whatever county registration fees are necessary and you're able to skip the appointment fee and a bunch of unnecessary tests. 
That clinic was today and 30 minutes away from our house. I had to drop Lu off with my mom beforehand, but for 20 ish minutes I was stuck in a car with two howling kitties and a very concerned Lucy. Not fun. The place where the clinic was being held was super crowded with lots of people and their BIG dogs. I'm not going to complain too much about it though because we got in and out very quickly and it didn't break the bank. I think the cats were traumatized enough by their visit that they were mostly quiet on the ride home.
After quickly dropping off the cats, Lu and I raced to catch the last few minutes of Max's soccer practice. We got there just in time to see the boys playing Superman. A game where Max wears a cape and Bill chases him around trying to pull it off. I was also there to witness some of the chaos that goes on at soccer. I saw several collisions and meltdowns in just the few minutes that I was there!


SuperMax!



Sleep baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment