Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 35 - Project Crib

So Lu is still sleeping in her pack and play in our room. The original plan was to move her when she turned 6 months(when the SIDS risk goes way down), but then a friend from my June Bugs group lost her little boy on his 6 month birthday. I've always been anxious about SIDS, but Blake's death hit way too close to home. I know the odds are in my favor, we have a movement monitor and I'm super cautious about doing everything I can to prevent such a tragedy from happening, but it has still taken a long time for me to feel comfortable putting her in her own room. Now that she is starting to feel better, I think it is time to start that transition.
I waited too long with Max and he was already crawling and pulling up to a stand which made it all the more difficult to get him to settle down on his own. I told myself I wouldn't do that again and I have a feeling my window is starting to close. Lucy isn't crawling yet, but she's getting there and she's very close to pulling up. I figure we'll start with naps and once that is going well, we'll put her in there at night too. So far, she likes to play in her bed but doesn't like to put herself sleep on her own in there. I've been nursing/rocking her and then putting her down barely awake. Not the best habit to start, but she does wake up for a second or two then falls back asleep. I'm hoping with some consistency she'll start to do better.

Here she is, napping in her sleep suit in her crib!


Walking on Daddy's back.


No comments:

Post a Comment